Office Chair Cleaning Services
Office Chair: Does it need intensive care and upkeep or just a fatka?
Whether you are working from a cubicle or home space, a good number of hours is spent on a chair.
The chair goes through a lot, food and drink spills, continuous usage tear and wear. You must have noticed that over some time, the wheels shows a restricted movement. It is an alarm to give your chair upkeep.
Simple steps for chair cleaning
- Keep chair free from debris. Pickup visible solids gently. Never rub the upholstery as it will force the dirt deeper in the chair fabric.
- The faster you attend to a spill, the less likely it is to set and cause a stain. If you act quickly enough, you should just need to dampen a cloth to sponge up as much of the liquid as you can.
- The last step is for professionals cleaners.
They come with the required solvent and upholstery friendly chemical to treat the chair. Each chair fabric needs specific care, some need solvent-based chemical and other need water-based. The professionals are well-groomed in identifying the care required.
Professional chair cleaning at commercial space is a complex process
- Vacuum up the dirt and dust
- Use a natural, biodegradable dish detergent. The proportion is very specific
- Rub the upholstery with cotton dipped in rubbing alcohol. This essentially works a disinfectant as well
- Cleaning wheels, arms and legs
- Use a butter knife to clean large debris:
- Cut the clogged hair with scissors and use tweezers to remove any hair stuck
- Use dampen cotton swab to remove minute dirt from wheel and wheel cover
5. Wipe down the chair arms and legs with a damp cloth
Note: Ensure the cloth or rag you use to clean chair should be lint-free.